Friday, September 25, 2009

WHO IS DICKSON BOTA


ACADEMIC LIFE
It was exactly 3:35am of 10 th June 1986  in the house of Azamba Mrs Ncherenga when lovely and willingly Esnart  Thom King  introduced  me in this world. This took place in Gladstone village T/A Laston Njema, Muloza, Mulanje, Malawi. I was so welcomed by the God fearing family.  In the year 1991 i started primary school at the age of 6 a school which still today is called Gambula catholic primary school. I repeated class 1 because the last exam results showed that i was number 101 out of 102 students who attended that oral exams. My full names are Dickson Kennedy Theophilus Bota. Shortly in the year 2001 I joined Muloza Community Secondary school which by then was called (Mucode). Two years down the line i left Mucode and joined a new introduced Private called Limbuli Modern High school. I was one of the first students to register at this school which by then we were using the house as a class.The interest about this school is that the infrastructure was poor but highly qualified teachers who were seriously following their jod descriptions and used to meet the needs of the students. It was the year 2002 when I sat for the Junior Certificate Examination. Since the school did not have the centre number we collaborated with Vonken secondary school during this period of exams.

As very little lad i lost my Dad at the age of 12. In 2004 I sat for Malawi school certificate of education examination at Mucode. When the results were out in 2005 I was so excited because i passed with 18 points. This prompted me to apply for for BA or at public university . However, the results did not turn to my expectation. I mean I was not taken.  Fortunately the Member of Parliament who was representing Limbuli Constituency
(our constituency) voluntered to sponsor me and asked me apply to private university for my studies. It was this time that the call of God which I had been ignoring before reached the pinnacle. when I realized that to ignore God's call means  doomed, I had no option but to be actively involved in the ministry. On 12 may 2005 God fully corfirmed his call in my life. Because of that, I gnored the offer to go to university for BA or BL instead I went to Nazarene Theological College of Central Africa in Lilongwe.

I spent 3 years at this college prepared by men and women whom God entrusted with His work of equiping people. In the year 2008 I graduated from this college with Diploma in Theology. In the 2009 i found myself in the corridors of Africa Nazarene University where I am currently pursuing my studies, Bachelor of Theology. My passion is to become a Professor of Theology and Religious studies at one of the prestigious universities on the land.

1 comment:

  1. This is so advance. We are looking forward to be challenged by your life

    ReplyDelete